Title:Innovative mobility aid offered for distribution by a Danish developer
- Business profile
- OFFER from Denmark, reference: BODK20190502001, valid from 02-07-2019 untill 16-08-2020
Created:19 augustus 2019
Updated:23 augustus 2019
Profile typeBCD offer
Country of origin:Denmark
Start date:2 juli 2019
End date:16 augustus 2020
Description:Founded back in the early 1900’s, the Danish company started by manufacturing bicycles and bicycle accessories, but over the years the product portfolio turned more and more towards hospital equipment. In the late 1970's, they re-structured their business and started to design and produce products for the rehab industry, with focus on developing products that improve the living and rehabilitation conditions of people with the need for walking assistance.
They discovered that elderly or people injured from a stroke or blood clot in their brains, who are not able to use a walker, are eventually constrained to wheelchairs which hinder the rehabilitation process. Combining this with years of experience in various technical and mechanical solutions, they decided to focus on the gap between the walker and the wheelchair, something not quite available on the market.
Developed with the help from their international distributors and their clients, as well as physiotherapists and other professionals with experience in the rehab industry, they developed a new walker. The walker has a patented design and is CE-marked.
Unlike competing products, the new walker is spring suspended. This imitates the natural walk/gait of the user and stimulates muscles. The walker is meant to be used indoors and/or on hard/flat surfaces, so paved gardens and streets etc. are also accessible. The walker helps injured people keep up the training process and supports them in their effort of getting back to being able to get around on their own again.
The walker has the following characteristics:
- Getting in and out of the walker is easy as a built-in swing bar lowers and raises the seat and trunk as required.
- No tools are needed to make adjustments or to change any settings.
- 5 sizes (micro, mini, small, medium and large).
- The walker is covered with closed-surface polyurethane which ensures longevity and easy maintenance and cleaning.
- It’s suitable for children, as well as supports up to 130kg in bodyweight.
Various accessories can accompany the walkers e.g. anti-tip support, leg divider, leg support, hip pads etc.
They have existing distributors in almost 20 EU countries as well as in Australia, Canada, Iceland, Japan, Russia, Switzerland, Taiwan, New Zealand, USA, UAE. So, they are looking for distributors/agents Greece, Norway, Portugal, Singapore, South-Korea, Turkey, Vietnam, France and Spain (although they already have a distributor in each of the latter two, they are looking for more sales).
- Medcine, Human Health
- Other human health activities
- Residential care activities for the elderly and disabled
- Private (in-house) research
- Korea, Republic of
- Viet Nam
Plus Value:Contrary to traditional walkers, where a lot of weight is on the legs, the new walker allows training and practicing movements with a minimum load on the legs:
- This means that the training process can be prolonged, which in turn means a potentially larger probability of successful rehabilitation.
- Minimising the load on the legs prevents the elderly or the injured from being put in a wheelchair in case the walker is too difficult or tough to use.
IPR Status:Design Rights
Experience:Following ISO norms and are approved by FDA (Food and Drug Administration, USA).
Type of organisation:
Type and Size:Industry SME 11-49
Turnover:1 - 10M
Images]]> ]]> ]]>
Technical Specification or Expertise Sought:pppThe distributor will have connections within the rehab and healthcare industry, e.g. hospitals, clinics, physiotherapists and homecare institutions as well as medical/mobility aids retailers, and will preferably have relevant knowledge and experience in working with customers in this market. As an example, the partner could be an importer of wheelchairs and other mobility devices, medical aids in general, or even an entrepreneur/start-up with an existing network and experience in the rehab market. ppp
- Distribution services agreement
- Commercial agency agreement
In opdracht van: